And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart of your descendants, to appreciate the LORD your God with all your coronary heart and with all your soul, that you might dwell. -Deuteronomy 30:6
Circumcision has a wonderful spiritual significance. For 1 issue, a believer simply cannot obtain his inheritance till he is
circumcised. This was accurate outwardly for an Isrealite, and it is correct inwardly for a Christian. There is no inheritance right until we are circumcised in our hearts. God advised Abraham that before he and his descendants could inherit the land of Canaan, they had to be circumcised (Gen. 17:1-14).
Circumcision is to lower away the flesh. Spiritually, it is reducing absent of the normal, sinful, Adamic nature we are born with. Uncircumcision represents uncleanness. It suggests that what we are born with has not but been dealt with. It signifies that the previous character, with its erroneous desires, means, considered designs, and responses, nonetheless keep on being.
“How can a young person cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your term” (Ps. 119:9). How does God circumcise our hearts? By the sword of the Spirit, which is the Phrase of God applied to our lives by the functioning of the Holy Spirit. There are a few evidences of a circumcised heart:
(1) A circumcised heart is compliant. “As a result circumcise the foreskin of your heart, and be stiff-necked no longer” (Deut. 10:16). To be “stiff-necked” is to be rebellious, rigid and stubborn.
(2) A circumcised coronary heart does not resist the Holy Spirit. “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in hearts and ears! You generally resist the Holy Spirit as your fathers did, so do you” (Functions 7:51).
(3) A circumcised coronary heart does not resist preachers despatched by God (7:52).
(4) A circumcised coronary heart is humble, damaged and repentant. “But if they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers, with their unfaithfulness in which they have been unfaithful to Me, and that they also have walked opposite to Me … if their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, and they accept their guilt–then I will try to remember my covenant…” (Lev. 26:40-42).
(5) A circumcised heart is fast to forgive and release men and women for the offenses they have dedicated. A hardened coronary heart are unable to quickly forgive but remembers and cherishes grudges (Matt.19:7-8 Mark 10:4-6).
Check with the Holy Spirit to enter your heart and just take the sword of the Spirit to clear away the undesirable character of your flesh, that
you may possibly enter into a far more personal romance with God.